Tacit Growth Strategies is a management consulting firm specializing in grant and proposal writing, project management training and impact investment strategy and fund development. We manage a portfolio of government contracts and pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer. We offer an innovative, fast-paced, friendly, and supportive environment. We are a global company with many opportunities for professional development, research and development, and sustainable growth.
Tacit Growth Strategies is looking to hire a Junior PMO Associate for the Communications/Governance Division Division who will report directly to our PMO Director and grow with our company. The right candidate will be eager to take on new responsibilities and contribute to the development of our team and company. We hope this Junior PMO Associate will evolve into a permanent role within the company.
- Research grant funding opportunities for Tacit Growth Strategies and pre-determined clients and some other external stakeholder groups.
- Design specific organizational documents to support the life-cycle of grant projects.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; exceptional interpersonal skills, a focused listener.
- Advanced MS Office skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative and manage projects assigned through completion with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a highly resourceful team player under pressure and within deadlines.
- Creative and innovative thinker, who actively presents new opportunities, proposes solutions and recommends best practices.
- Ability to anticipate challenges and effectively resolve potential issues through creative problem solving.
- Ability to work creatively and with flexibility in a fast paced environment while maintaining high work standards.
- Ability to develop rapport and engender trust.
- Exhibits a positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- Produce weekly performance reports for progress and risk/issue alleviation.
- Support communication with internal and external stakeholders by overseeing the production of Tacit Growth Strategies’ weekly email newsletter that includes The Global Intrapreneur Network, writing and updating web content and managing the firm’s corporate social presence
- Support the development of brand materials and lead on the application of consistent branding across all company communications, reports and other outputs.
- Support wider Tacit Growth Strategies activities, including creating, editing, proofreading, business development and partnership activities, and event management.
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to the President and CEO, including correspondence management, preparation of reports, arranging meetings and minute taking, and maintenance of confidential and non-confidential materials.
- Ensuring the first point of contact for public inquiries and notices is the firm’s President and CEO
- Taking initiative to report necessary updates to the company’s website and other web presences; answering, following-up and taking action on queries
- Maintaining Tacit Growth Strategies’ website content and social media activity, ensuring all platforms are up-to-date, attractive and informative
- Managing the production and distribution of the weekly email newsletter
- Managing the Tacit Growth Strategies Jobs Board on the website at Join The Team
- Assisting with the dissemination of press releases and maintaining records of external stakeholder/press contact details
- Analyzing website and communications campaign statistics and disseminating reports of key trends to the President and CEO and PMO Director
- Proofreading and editing internal and external communications, reports and other Tacit Growth Strategies outputs
- Taking minutes and preparing detailed reports of key meetings and events
- Responding to external invitations on behalf of the Executive Leadership Team
- Supporting a range of projects as set out by the Executive Leadership Team
- Other duties as needed
The hours are typically 9-5 Monday-Friday with some limited requirements outside standard business hours
- Flexibility to work from anywhere
- Some opportunity for business travel
- Team outings and sponsored events for those based at our San Antonio, TX HQ
- Continued professional development
- Some grant and proposal writing expertise
- Knowledge of Project Management lexicon preferred, but not required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Power Point, and Excel)
- Good technical understanding of the life-cycle of grant projects
- Efficient and accurate work output
- Ability to interact appropriately in a hierarchical framework with a variety of stakeholders including SMEs from Tacit Growth Strategies’ Corporate Impact Think Tank, PMO Director, Junior PMO Associates in other divisions, and the President and CEO of the firm
- Good communication and writing skills
- Organized, adaptable, delivery-focused, with attention to detail
- Proactive, proposing or taking own initiatives to avert or prevent negative risks/issues
- Some grant and/or proposal writing experience preferred
- Must be self-starter, able to take initiative, work independently, and be a team player
- Must be able to multi-task and maintain deadline punctuality during pressurized situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organization skills
- Must take direction well
- Time management
- Scheduling abilities
- Strong budgeting skills
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
Applicants will be accepted via Handshake or from the company’s website at this link: https://growthistacit.com/junior-pmo-associate-communications-governance-division/.
No phone calls please.
This role is posted as an internship position for eligible interested parties from programs like the U.S. Department of Defense’s SkillBridge Program or Trinity University.