Tacit Growth Strategies is a management consulting firm specializing in grant and proposal writing, project management training and impact investment strategy and fund development. We manage a portfolio of government contracts and pride ourselves on being an equal opportunity employer. We offer an innovative, fast-paced, friendly, and supportive environment. We are a global company with many opportunities for professional development, research and development, and sustainable growth.
Tacit Growth Strategies is looking to hire a Junior PMO Associate for the Business Development Division who will report directly to our PMO Director and grow with our company. The right candidate will be eager to take on new responsibilities and contribute to the development of our team and company. We hope this Junior PMO Associate will evolve into a permanent role within the company.
- Build strong revenue partnerships that support growing and maintaining Tacit Growth Strategies.
- Create interesting partnerships that work well with the company’s brand.
- Co-develop a revenue target with the Executive Leadership team
- Meet or exceed the revenue target each calendar year.
- Find new ways to grow our business year over year.
- Research, Model, Evaluate and plan for new growth opportunities.
- Negotiate and bring deals to completion with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop formalized business plans including commercial terms, go to market strategy and an execution plan.
- Work closely across multiple functional areas (grants/proposals, communications/governance and procurement) in order to execute your deals.
- Stay abreast of key industry trends to make recommendations on new revenue opportunities.
- Frequently articulate the strategic direction internally for alignment.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; exceptional interpersonal skills, a focused listener.
- Advanced MS Office skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative and manage projects assigned through completion with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a highly resourceful team player under pressure and within deadlines.
- Creative and innovative thinker, who actively presents new opportunities, proposes solutions and recommends best practices.
- Ability to anticipate challenges and effectively resolve potential issues through creative problem solving.
- Ability to work creatively and with flexibility in a fast paced environment while maintaining high work standards.
- Ability to develop rapport and engender trust.
- Exhibits a positive attitude and professional demeanor.
- Develop contract proposals to support organizational goals
- Review contract estimates, including proposed materials, production costs, etc and determine whether they seem reasonable and accurate
- Ensure that all records are accurate and up to date
- Write contract letters and other communications and notices
- Negotiate contract terms while ensuring that projects remain within the established budget and definition of done for all parties involved
- Attend meetings to assess progress on projects which are in motion, and take detailed notes to share with internal and external stakeholders
- Create regular status reports regarding progress on projects
- Analyze contracts to ensure they comply with state and federal laws and regulations
- Produce weekly performance reports for progress and risk/issue alleviation.
- Other duties as needed
The hours are typically 9-5 Monday-Friday with some limited requirements outside standard business hours.
- Flexibility to work from anywhere
- Some opportunity for business travel
- Team outings and sponsored events for those based at our San Antonio, TX HQ
- Continued professional development
- Some grant and proposal writing expertise
- Knowledge of Project Management lexicon preferred, but not required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Power Point, and Excel)
- Good technical understanding of the life-cycle of grant projects
- Efficient and accurate work output
- Ability to interact appropriately in a hierarchical framework with a variety of stakeholders including SMEs from Tacit Growth Strategies’ Corporate Impact Think Tank, PMO Director, Junior PMO Associates in other divisions, and the President and CEO of the firm
- Good communication and writing skills
- Organized, adaptable, delivery-focused, with attention to detail
- Proactive, proposing or taking own initiatives to avert or prevent negative risks/issues
- Some grant and/or proposal writing experience preferred
- Must be self-starter, able to take initiative, work independently, and be a team player
- Must be able to multi-task and maintain deadline punctuality during pressurized situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organization skills
- Must take direction well
- Time management
- Scheduling abilities
- Strong budgeting skills
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
Applicants will be accepted via Handshake or from the company’s website at this link: https://growthistacit.com/junior-pmo-associate-business-development-division/.
No phone calls please.
This role is posted as an internship position for eligible interested parties from programs like the U.S. Department of Defense’s SkillBridge Program or Trinity University.